Using Paragon for disk cloning to numerous systems

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by toxuser, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toxuser

toxuser Registered Member

Hi,

I'm going to be getting around 10 or so computers in next week with empty hard drives. So I don't have to install the OS, Office, virus checker and all the other standard software manually I thought I'd look at creating a master image.

I'd install all the standard software initially on the first machine and then use Paragon to create a master image and then use this image to restore on the other 9 computers meaning i'd only have to go through the install procedure once.

Does this sound like a good idea? Is Paragon Backup and Recovery Free suitable for this job?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

toxuser,

It will work, if you will use P2P Adjust OS Wizard after restore to new hardware. otherwise, restored copies could be unbootable because of missing Hardware drivers.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I don't think p2p adjust comes with the free version.

4. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I wish a clarification on your comment.

If OP is imaging on 10 identical computers, there should be no need to worry about hardware differences and drivers, right?

OP did not mention whether hardware differences would be likely, but should make that point clearer. Also, I assume OP will use the Paragon recovery media and an external USB drive for installing the image on each computer.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

A couple of things to be mindful of.

If you do anticipate different hardware, DB 10 and HDM 2010's P2P can inject the drivers into the machine prior to imaging. This way your OS will have all the necessary drivers. You also want to use sysprep to default Windows prior to imaging. Windows activation will also be a challenge if you don't have a volume Windows key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.