Using openvpn over exit node in TAILS OS

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by JoelCoin, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoelCoin

JoelCoin Registered Member

Hello all! I need to use my VPN account after TOR so that specific sites I visit do not block/ban me for having a TOR ip. I use TOR on a daily basis for hidden services, so switching back and forth has become a nightmare for me. I also attempted to setup proxychains to get a socks5 proxy working, but that is also a pain in my rear and I pay for a vpn, I would surely like to use it instead of public socks (which are just as likely to be flagged/banned)

I have configured my VPN to use a socks v5 proxy at port 9151 (thats the port I found in foxyproxy to route traffic to tor), however when attempting to run the script I get the following:

Sun Dec 8 19:39:14 2013 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:9151 [nonblock]
    Sun Dec 8 19:39:15 2013 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:9151 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

Does anyone know the correct way to do this ? :)

Any help is muchly appreciated and thank you.

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Don't do that!

;)

If you're running a VPN client and Tor on the same machine, at the same time, Tor is connecting through the VPN. But maybe you're not running them at the same time.

But still, using the same VPN direct and then through Tor would eliminate almost all anonymity, because the VPN is associated with your ISP-assigned IP address.

The easiest way to route a VPN through Tor is with Whonix on VirtualBox. You can use SecurityKISS free option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.