Using NOD as a back up on demand?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by notageek, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

What process can I kill in order for me to use NOD as a back up on demand scanner? I still want to get manual updates.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi notageek,
    you don't need to kill any process in order to use NOD32 on-demand scanner. Also, updates are only performed automatically if the relevant task is scheduled in Scheduler/Planner.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

If I understand your question, you want to use NOD as an on demand scanner only? And keep the other programs from running? If you want to disable AMON from loading on startup, that can be done from the AMON panel. Ditto with IMON. And the auto update function can be cancelled from the update panel so you can update manually when you wish.

I haven't done all this so don't first hand if disabling all those settings results in the Control Panel or anything else not loading at all, which seems to be what you want if I understand your question.

4. notageek

Thanks Macro and sig. I just didn't want a process loading and messing with my resident scannner.

5. sig

sig Registered Member

That's what I thought you wanted. Well try disabling all those and then check running to see if anything's from NOD is still running and if any problems result when you run another real time AV monitor.

Out of curiosity and future reference for the rest of us, let us know how it goes. :)

6. notageek

Im have NOD32krn.exe running and when I stop it from running I can't download any updates.

7. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Understandable as this is what is used by nod to do updates

8. notageek

Cool. Thanks. But now I have to use NOD as my main cuz McAfee is messing up. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.