using nLite

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Decided to give it a try.
    Spent about an hour ticking this and that option, created two images and still I'm not satisfied. I have a feeling that I missed some little tweaks or options, and all in all, it gives a feeling of a dirty compilation.
    Does anyone have anything solid, comprehensive to suggest. Like 50 golden settings or so. I aim for max. security + flexibility + performance, which is not an easy thing to do. I also tried downloading micrsoft hotfixes and updates to make the compilations more up to date, but I gave up soon, because microsoft patches are arranged so messily. Any advice on this one as well?
    Looking forward to your advice, lads.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

nLite is a great idea for a program, but until they have a really solid version, I will not try it...

I don't know if you already tried this: nLite Guides

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I did far more than they said in the guides.
    I actually spent a horrendous amount if time tweaking every little thing. And because there are so many, I felt it slipping between my fingers. Everything worked, but hotfixes and tweaks were messy.
    Mrk

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Best way to get the hotfixes, IMO, is by downloading AutoPatcher, which also contains other stuff, but is mean to be run after install.
    http://www.autopatcher.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.