Using Netscape and Yahoo Browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RobZee, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

I have been using Yahoo Browser (IE 6?) ever since I started DSL service with SBC Yahoo! a couple of years ago. Prior to that time, I had used AOL and Netscape browsers. Having discovered Wilders last year, I have been trialing alot of security programs and now am looking at several browser alternatives (FF, Opera, Netscape).

My immediate question has to do with Netscape 8 Beta, which I like upon first impression. My question has to do with accessing and using my Yahoo home page within Netscape - am I compromising any Netscape security when I do that? Am I still using the Netscape browser when I do that?

I have the same question about using the IE rendering engine option on some sites as Netscape allows.

These questions may not even make sense, but I would appreciate any input.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

You forgot to try Mozilla Suite. ;) You should try it, it's a lot like Netscape.

To answer your question: You won't compromise security if you configure your browsers properly. The key is understanding how they each address security.

Personally I like Firefox for security. It is a lot easier to manage. Internet Explorer uses zones and that is where a lot of people get confused. Searching through all of those custom settings can be intimidating.

Last edited: May 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.