Using java with different browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cashback, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cashback

cashback Guest

Hello,

I recently downloaded Opera (browser) with java and it seems to have a java plug-in for Netscape too. But I was wondering if I already had the latest sunjava installed do I need these java plug-ins? Could I get rid of the java plug-ins (that came with Opera) and just install sunjava?

Also if Windows already has java installed should it be deleted before I use the java plug-ins (for Opera and Netscape) ? And would the same apply if I download sunjava, I mean should any java in Windows be deleted first before installing sunjava? I'm just sort of confused with all these java plug-ins and sunjava and all that. Thanks for help.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

open opera and along the top of the page click on help and then on about opera and it will tell you which version of java you are useing. similar to screen shot

Attached Files:

3. cashback

cashback Guest

Thanks Bigc73542

I get the exact same info as the screenshot you posted. So are you saying that since I downloaded and installed Opera with java, what I did was installed the latest version of sun java with Opera, and therefore do not need to install sun java separately? Thanks.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you got it. it installed the newest version so you are ok.

I hope this info helped

bigc

5. cashback

cashback Guest

Thanks Bigc, it did help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.