Using Hushmail (JAVA) with FireFox/Tor?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Arend, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arend

Arend Registered Member

Hi.

I'm curious, will using Hushmail in Firefox reveal my "true" IP address, even when using FoxyProxy set-up with TOR?

If it does, how do I route it through tor so my true information is not revealed?

Thanks.

2. Superdude

Superdude Registered Member

When you send an email with Hushmail, your IP address is not inserted into the outgoing email.

3. Superdude

Superdude Registered Member

From their FAQ:

4. Arend

Arend Registered Member

While that's great, I'm curious if Hushmail will be able to see the IP of who is accessing their system and logging it.

This is why I want am wondering if it can be routed through Tor.

5. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

So, you trust Hushmail to encrypt your private emails but you don't trust them with knowing your "true" IP address?

6. Arend

Arend Registered Member

Truthfully, that part does not concern me because I only need to use it for basic communication because that's what a lot of people use.

I am curious if it is not routed through tor. And that's what I want to know.

7. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

One could say a lot without giving away their identity.

If Java doesn't have a proxy option for it's internet connections then your true IP has the potential of being logged. If your IP is being logged and law enforcement comes around asking for it...

8. Arend

Arend Registered Member

After looking around, I think I may simply use MailVault as my choice, do other users have any opinions on this service?

Basically, I just want a personal e-mail account and than one for forum/spam/sign-ups/etc.

9. dagger

dagger Registered Member

Does Java/cookies/Javascript give away your real ip behind a proxy or vpn in every case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.