Using Flash in non IE browsers and AV blocking

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BrianTheLion, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianTheLion

BrianTheLion Registered Member

Win7 x64

I'm a big fan of chrome and to a lesser extent firefox. I tend to avoid IE because I like different features on the other two.

I was recently using the Computer Bild version of Kaspersky when I noticed that after I had installed Chrome certain applications such as facebook games would fail to load and even the ones that did eventually load would sometimes stick at around 95% for a couple of mins before displaying in the browser. I tried the same sites in IE and they were fine and had a 70/30 split working in firefox....

I tried various settings within Kaspersky and nothing seemed to fix it so I changed back to MSE at first, everything was fine, over the next couple of months I have tried my Avira and that was fine, tried Outpost and the problem reoccured, now im trialling avast and the problem has gone again?

Q. Is there something specific that some suites have, that others dont that would cause this type of blocking within the browsers?

Is there any new versions of Suites that are worthy contenders for reliability in this specific instance? Im trying to avoid an A vs B discussion here and want to solely concentrate on the blocking of frames or whatever within browsers

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i dont know if important - but Firefox and Chrome uses same file for flash, just different names:
    firefox: npswf32.dll (np ~ netscape plugin)
    chrome: gcswf32.dll (gc - google chrome)

chrome updates it with itself - firefox needs the updated from outside.

so i think both browsers behave similar due that. only exception is the sandbox in chrome for such content.

facebook - there was a malware alarm theses days concerning those flash games!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.