Using CCleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

How safe is it to remove what ccleaner finds. I have a bunch of Invalid Uninstall Ref. items a lot of it is Microsoft Q37654 type things.

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

WilliamP

You can back up before deletion. However, I wouldn't remove registry entries from Microsoft even though they may not be valid.
    They are not really hurting anything other than the fact you know they are there.
    Just my opinion.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Those entries should be safe to remove, but I don't entirely trust Ccleaner. Making backups is essential, in my experience.

4. WilliamP

Thanks you all.

5. chew

chew Registered Member

I started deleting those items found in Issues category by category. Now I have nothing to delete. But I monitor my system for nearly a month or more before I even started deleting those found in Issues. (by the way I back up every item I deleted)

Say if you want to delete those Invalid Ref then you better delete all of the Invalid Ref found together but make sure you make a Back Up of all of them before you delete them.

Then use you pc for a week or two and trying out everything. Monitor if there is anything weird going on.

If everything is fine then you move on to the next category. Make a backup and "Fix Selected Issues". Wait and monitor your system for two weeks testing out everything.

So if anything weird happens you can restore those deleted Registry items. I do that all the time. Delete and restore then delete then restore.

In the end I just delete them all ...

So far so good. Everything remain the same.

Hope that helps.

:D

6. WilliamP

Thanks Chew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.