Using BootMenu or Easy Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DickDastardly, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DickDastardly

DickDastardly Registered Member

I'm trying to find a way to install rescue media from two or more Acronis products and have the ability to boot to any of them through a type of boot menu system. All to be done from CD alone, with no dependance on hard drives present in the system. Perhaps a tool like Easy Boot which works at the level before Windows even starts.

I've notice that there is a file called 'bootmenu' from the recue media (CD) of TrueImage on my TrueImage rescue CD that has a file called bootmenu.exe. I selected it to see what would happen, and noticed that a menuing system comes up with two options; 1: to open TrueImage, and the other to boot into Windows. Of course I made the selection in Windows, since it doesn't appear to be present just by booting the CD. In other words, Acronis just loads the rescue program in question when the CD is depended to boot on it's own.

1) So, is there any way to add other acronis resue products to the bootmenu.exe system?

2) Or, is there a way to utilize a program like Easy Boot to choose between multiple Acronis rescue products?

The point is, it doesn't seem logical to carry several CD's for each product when it's more convenient to have them all on one CD.

Yet, another point. I've ordered a USB pen drive and would ultimately like to have all of my Acronis rescue media on the one drive. Including many other tools I may need.

I sure hope this concept is a desire for you all, because there is little information here or anywhere else regarding this. To me it makes only too much sense. A fantastic Plus for the Computer Tech on the go.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Actually, this type of information is widely available and used by many. Go to www.msfn.org and search for multi boot and Acronis. There are also instructions here for a bootable CD or DVD that can be adapted for your purpose.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.