using 2008 suite AND the newer 2011 backup software

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MissKitty, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKitty

MissKitty Registered Member

Can I have both the 2008 suite and the newer "Backup & Recovery 2011 (Advanced) Free" installed at the same time and use each separately.

I currently have the 2008 suite installed on a laptop. I'd like to continue using that for partitioning and disk management. But I'd like to also use the newer "Backup & Recovery 2011 (Advanced) Free" software for cloning the hard drive because it has the usb boot option. Is that possible to have both at the same time - not running at the same time, but just installed so I can chose which one to use?

Also, are the archives made with the older version usable with the newer 2011 version?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

At least some 2011 products (HDM, for example) use a new image format. They can restore images created with previous versions. But previous versions can´t restore images created with the new programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.