Using 10.1 free version I got I/O error..

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bimbobo, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bimbobo

bimbobo Registered Member

..trying to restore a 19gb backup from my external HDD..The I/O error happend 3 times in a row.
    I needed to reinstall Win 7 from scratch, as the backup was useless.

Another issue is that using the Recover version made on a USB dongle does not allow me to backup all 3 partitions but only 1 at a time..

Regards

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You might have disconnected a media device to receive that I/O error. Either the USB dongle, memory card reader, or other external medias.

Can you give us more information how the backup of the complete system failed?

Is there anything in particular with any one of the 3 partitions? For instance if it's a Windows 7 100MB partition or a dell utility partition.

3. bimbobo

bimbobo Registered Member

Hi,
    the one partion is the Win 7 100MB

The HDD Seagate FreeAgent pro is connected by USB and I tried also with ESata..
    The image is saved without errors, but I could not restore because of the I/O error.

The USB dongle worked fine and I formatted it before making saving the Ricovery Tool on it.

The restore started but got I/O error after few secs.

Regards

4. Hikingfool

Hikingfool Registered Member

Hello,
    I too get an I/O error. I am using a USB drive to restore the drive to a new hard drive. I got the error twice before coming here. Any information would help.
    As far as I can tell the connections are fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.