Username/Password Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SBacklin, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBacklin

SBacklin Registered Member

I am running Acronis TI 10 on Vista Home Premium. Whenever I try and schedule a task (backup), it will ask me for my username/password so the process will run as me on this machine. I don't have a password setup on my Windows account. So I just enter my username and try to move on. It has worked before but, now it keeps telling me that my login information is incorrect. The username shows as Steven-PC\Steven which is my PC Name\Username. I just click ok to continue. However, it says "Logon Failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced. (0xFFF0) code = FFFFFFFF8007052F Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB821 ED)

Like I mentioned I don't have a password setup on my Windows User Acocunt since I am the only one who uses this computer. I haven't setup any login restrictions such as times of day when I can logon, etc. I run this program as an administrator.

Here is something too. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I did a test backup task. It ran fine with no entering of any password. However, when I tried to edit that very task to what I originally wanted, it started giving me the same logon errors. I need some help with this.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Windows Scheduled Tasks will not run without access to a password-protected account. This isn't a TrueImage issue; it's fundamental to the design of Windows.

As a workaround you could create a second user account on Vista and give it a password. Use this account for running scheduled tasks and keep your existing user account as-is.

3. SBacklin

I know what you're saying but, that just doesn't make any sense. One, I don't schedule it through Windows, I use the scheduling in TI. Two, I never had a password on my user account and have been able to run scheduled tasks previously. Like I mentioned in my OP that it worked before. It has to be a TI problem because TI is asking for a password when the user account (the only one and administrator account) I specify doesn't have one. So TI is has to be a TI issue. Everything I said up to now proves that. The fact is worked before and the fact that its asking for a password on an account that doesn't have one and when its the only account.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I'm not sure why you were able to run a scheduled task without having a password; it isn't supposed to work that way. Here's a screenshot of the TI help file:

Attached Files:

5. SBacklin

Thanks for the reply. However, I still say its a TI problem. If your Windows User Account doesn't need and doesn't have a password, TI should then know not to ask for one or continue on if no password is entered. This is how it was with Windows XP. I never had a password on the Windows User Account, I never had any problems. It worked fine in Vista for a while too. So, again, I say its a TI problem that needs to be rectified soon. I have to say this is BS. I shouldn't have to create a separate user account just for TI since I am the only user and the administrator which my user account reflects. This isn't a Windows thing.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

No you shouldn't and it is your right to organise your accounts as you wish - however you should realise that computer accounts are conventionally not representations of people, but of roles. That is why it would be perfectly natural to create an account for a dedicated backup process to run in. I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about.

F.

7. SBacklin

I think I found a doable work around for this issue. I was upset at the fact that TI10 quit working for me (asking for the password when I felt I didn't need one). It didn't do that in XP and it was working fine for a while in Vista. That is what the fuss was about. Like I mentioned though, I think I found a work around. I am able to put a password on my account (I did that already) and then tell Windows that users don't need to enter passwords to log onto this computer. I provide Windows my password and it automatically logs me in which is the same as if I didn't have a password at all. I then ran TI10 and I put my username and password. I ran a couple of tasks and I didn't get any popups about incorrect logon information and the tasks completed successfully. I set my normal daily task and didn't get any popups. I will know tomorrow morning if my workaround thing works.

I also do realize that the accounts are more reflective of roles rather than people. However, since my account is an administrator account, I shouldn't still have had the problem in the first place. Thanks for you reply though.

8. ripster

ripster Registered Member

9. brucek

brucek Registered Member

I am a new user of Acronis Home. I too have attempted to activate a scheduled backup. I skip the password field when prompted for the backup archive (Acronis tells me that I can), the after setting the backup schedule I get to the user name / password field that this thread is about. I am using WinXP Home. I have tried entering the computer name/user name, the user name only, the computer name only, and in all cases entering a new password, but nothing works. I see a refernce to needing a login password in Vista at the login screen, is this what I need to do also for XP? If so, I will create a separate login with a password that will only be used for backups.

Thanks- Bruce.

10. helva

helva Registered Member

I too am a new user and this is my first posting on this forum because I found that I could not schedule a back up with Acronis. Now done it, thanks to you lot. I have Win XP and have had no problems with other schedule back ups before so it must be Acronis related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.