Username and passcode by snail-mail?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dzadzey, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzadzey

dzadzey Registered Member

ESET doesn't seem to be much interested in sending along my username and password...The "contact support" page is blank. We're not off to a very good start here. Bought the retail version at my local Micro Center. Any suggestions?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

dzadzey,

First off, welcome!

Have you already filled out the form here? I assume you have, but just want to validate that fact.

Blue

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since it is Sunday , you are not able to receive anything from the Support .

Contact ESET Sales (email to sales AT eset DOT com) or contact your local "Micro Center" . Make sure you have provided the acurate email address.

I suggest you now install NOD32 30 day trial version so that you start enjoying first class protection . From the moment you get your username/password , there is an option in the program to convert the trial version into full (when you get your license , read more here).

Now make sure you have no other AV installed . Make sure you have a firewall enabled.

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version

2) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded
    Use Typical settings . Reboot when prompted

3) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD32

Enjoy! :thumb:

4. dzadzey

Indeed, t'was the first thing I did after opening the box.

5. dzadzey

Thanks for the info. I'll keep chugging along with McAfee until I get a username and password though.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

7. BlueZannetti

OK, the weekend is never the best time to run into these glitches...

you mentioned the support page was blank. This page? It renders fine for me. Did you have any other security related software still running when you installed NOD32?

Blue

8. dzadzey

Found out what the problem with the support page not loading was...I was using Firefox. Switched to IE, and it loaded. Re-registered in IE as well. Perhaps that will take care of the problem. Thanks for the input.

9. BlueZannetti

I'm using Firefox as well. No issues. Sounds like a configuration/blocking issue.

Blue

10. dzadzey

Problem solved! There is a registration protocol specific to NOD32 purchased from Micro Center. Installed, updated and operating perfectly! Thanks for the input!

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! Enjoy NOD32 !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.