User Registry Customizations Added?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by siliconman01, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I'd surely be interested in hearing what other users are adding as customizations for additional security protection. The registry entry and why it is added would be very useful info for other users, IMHO ;)

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I hope to eventually allow people to upgrade their registry groups to the server, and then allow people to download them from the program, allowing new "registry" group updates without having to update the actual program. A list of items that people are adding would be helpful as you said. :)

3. siliconman01

I've added this to protect the values that SpywareBlaster loads for Internet protection.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

with Ask User on Modifying Registry Keys and Modifying Registry Values.

Thus far, I only given SpywareBlaster permission to modify.

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I've added all the keys from regrun , disabled the registry tracing from regrun cause I believe regdefend does it better and safer (low level, kernel driven while regrun is polling after the event).

so I unchecked regrun registry tracer, regrun will continue to check for drivers, winini, or whatever, except the registry that is for regdefend.

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Could someone post these keys monitored by RegRun or provide a link to where they can be found. I would like to add these myself...

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi puff-m-d,

I attached a text version of the "Suggested.rtr" file located in the RegRunSuite program folder.

Nick

Attached Files:

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yes, that is the one, I didn't do them all cause a lot are allready in regdef.

I hope they will be included in an update soon though. just a few thoughts.

8. siliconman01

Ok!

Now for the "trick" question. :rolleyes:

If we go through all the effort of installing our customization rules, will they be portable into the next few updates of Regdefend?

I see the special file as C:\Program Files\Regdefend\Groups\Special Registry Items.ghst. Will we be able to save it off and then just move it back in when a new update comes out?

9. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Yes you will be able to migrate your settings through every version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.