User name for sceduled backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Caspan, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caspan

Caspan Registered Member

Every time i try to create a sceduled backup it asks me for a user name and pass for that user and i hit ok and it tells me that the user info is incorrect when i know my administrator account works perfectly fine. I have even tried a user name of administrator@domain.com as the user name and no luck. Can some one point out my faults here. What am i doing wrong?

2. Caspan

Caspan Registered Member

Does no one for technical support support anything here figured this woudl be an easy one to answer...

3. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

I think this is an FAQ. Try searching the forum.

4. Caspan

Caspan Registered Member

Nope I just figured it out on my own you have to use it in this form.

Username: DOMAIN\Username
    Password: well what ever your password is

I dont know why it does not default to the local domain on the machine because I was just entering the user name and password no domain. I would of figured the program was programmed better then that. If no domain was entered it would use the local machine to authenticate. It took me seeing a windows backup utility and how they entered the username and password. Just a note to acronis that mybe they should add an example of proper user name input above the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.