user name and password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Milt, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milt

Milt Registered Member

Hello all, just got Acronis True Image 11, and like it very much. Just one little problem however, how do I find out what my user name and password is? I don't recal during installation seeing an option to assign a user name or password. Acronis will not perform an automatic backup without the right words, and I have tried everything I can think of namewise and all my rormal passwords. Thanks for helping the newbie! Milt.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Did you try your Windows user name and password? Or try leaving it blank?

3. Milt

Milt Registered Member

Thanks, Weaz. Yes. I tried that, but I think I have figured it out. Just successfully ran an automatic update. You have to use the default user name that pops up when you configure a task, and at that time you assign a password for that task. Thanks very much for your reply! Milt.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Milt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that TheWeaz is correct: the username and password that should be entered are those you use to log into Windows. The username should have the following format: Computer Name\User name

You can use the same username as in Scheduled Tasks available at Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System tools -> Scheduled tasks, schedule a new task with Add New Task wizard and copy username from it.

Please notice that the password has to not be blank. If you wish to keep the account you use without password, we may recommend you to create a separate account with Administrator or Backup Operator rights with a password, and use it's credentials to schedule Acronis True Image tasks.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi Milt,
    Please have a look here.

6. Milt

Milt Registered Member

Thank you, Babac!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.