User Interface - Inconsistency/Bug?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Menorcaman, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Acronis Support,

I've just downloaded and installed build 859 and found that True Image still has, what I believe to be, an inconsistency/bug in the user interface.

Firstly, I will explain that I have an image of my main drive (C:), consisting of a full backup (BackupC.tib) created on the 29 May, 1st Incremental (BackupC2.tib) created on 3 June and 2nd Incremental (BackupC3) created on 7 June.

Using the Restore Image Wizard, I select the full image (BackupC.tib) on the Image Archive Selection page. However, the comments that are displayed relate to the latest incremental (in this case the 2nd incremental BackupC3.tib). This is the same no matter which .tib file is selected. See Screenshot 1 below.

The comments displayed on the Image Date Selection page are correct however. As shown in Screenshot 2, I've selected the 1st incremental (BackupC2.tib) and that's what the comments say.

Perhaps of lesser concern but it's nevertheless confusing, is that the name of the .tib file selected on the Image Archive Selection page remains displayed on the Image Date Selection page, irrespective of which image file is then selected. To demonstrate this I've selected BackupC3.tib (the 2nd incremental)on the Image Archive Selection page and then selected BackupC2.tib (the 1st incremental) on the Image Date page. You can see from Screenshot 3 that the image name displayed (BackupC3.tib) is the same as that selected on the previous page. This is somewhat confusing given that the comments seen relate to BackupC2.tib.

Regards
    Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image considers the full image and subsequesnt incrementals as a single image with several restore points (this allows customer to choose any incremental and still be able to restore from any restore point). That is why the comment on the first screen will always be the one from the latest incremental. I don't think it to be confusing because you may see the comments for every separate incremental and full image in the next screen as you noticed.

As for the other problem, it is resulted from the same reason that the program "doesn't care" which incremental you choose.

I have added these two features you mentioned to our Enhancement List, however, and our Development Team will think what can be done here.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. Thank you Ilya.

Regards
    Tom

4. agent86

agent86 Registered Member

I spent some time and got caught out on this one to. I went into panic mode for a minute like you do when you have nuked your hard drive and go to restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.