"User Account Control"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gate1975mlm, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Everytime I start SpywareBlaster "User Account Control" pops up in Vista. Will SpywareBlaster be fixed so the "User Account Control" does not always pop up everytime I start SpywareBlaster?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

For all of SpywareBlaster's protection to work (i.e. to enable it all) it needs to have full access to the registry.

Because of how Vista's User Account Control security is built, this will require a UAC prompt when you start the SpywareBlaster program. The current version does this on Vista.

The Vista User Account Control prompts can certainly be annoying, especially when they are displayed during normal operation of your computer, but they do provide another layer of protection. Many programs will have to prompt using the UAC dialog to get the full privileges they need to run on Vista, but the trade-off in favor of security is arguably worth it. Luckily, you really only need to start SpywareBlaster about once a week to check for updates and enable all new protection, so you shouldn't see that UAC dialog too often. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hmm

I have turned UAC off in my o/s, as I believe have most Vista users. I therefore don't get the UAC prompt when running Spyware Blaster. Does this mean that Spyware Blaster is not working on my pc?

4. javacool

Hi,

This should simply mean that you should enable protection in the current version of SpywareBlaster on each user account (just like in Windows XP).

It should still work fine. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Biscuit

Thanks Javacool - a further question please.

My computer only has one active user (me). However is has 3 users listed as this computer is connected to a domain server. The users are:

username.domain (main active account)

username (previous to joining the domain)

_sbs_setup (first boot after joing the domain)

Should I both about enabling Spyware Blaster on the other accounts?

6. javacool

Hi,

You really only need to enable SpywareBlaster's protection on accounts that you use. Since it sounds like you only use the username.domain account now, I wouldn't worry about enabling SpywareBlaster's protection on the others. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. Biscuit

Ok thanks & thanks also for explaining the issues. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.