Useless tray icon : no way to pause Nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by SadE54, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadE54

SadE54 Registered Member

Really, there's a lack of a useful fonction that all others antivirus have :
    tha ability to pause the protection directly from the tray icon without : 1.opening the main window, 2. go to set up and 3. click on 'disable ' link for each type of protection ...
    When you're a gamer you really appreciate this type of shortcut !!!

Not very difficult to add , I guess....;)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you had a problem with software as such, even the option allowing you to disable it would be useless. So the point is to fix the reported bug first and then work on further improvements.

3. SadE54

SadE54 Registered Member

I didn't understand very well what you mean with your reply.

If I remember well , with Nod 2.7 , it was possible to disable protection using the tray icon ...

4. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

Actually you could quit the control panel but if you ran task manager you'd find NOD32 still running.
    Being a PC Gamer I used to be like you and shut down anti-virus before starting a game. I've found NOD32 pretty game friendly though and stopped that practice a year or more ago.

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

No there is no such option using nod32 2.7....it has to be done from the GUI using nod32 2.7 as well.

6. SadE54

SadE54 Registered Member

for example recently , I had some troubles with Team Fortress 2 , in fact overlay troubles due to the combination of TF2 and NOD32. With NOD32 disabled it works well.
    But you're right , it's rare actually to get this type of problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.