useful find for people who hate bloat

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Sorry for being so slow witted WSFuser, but are you saying I can load in the WInXP upgrade disk straight into the new vista PC proceed to format 300+GB drive then wait til it wants the windows 98?

If this is the order of battle I'm glad you said it cause I would have installed windows 98 1st then done the win xp upgrade in the same order as the products were released to the world!

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

HI Escalader,
    your not gonna have one big 300gb partistion are you?
    a 10gb one for XP would be better.
    and a seprate one for data.
    good luck!
    lodore

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yes Escalader. iirc, after partitioning/formatting is when Windows XP prompts you (source).

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi lodore:

Good point, will have to partition a vista system perhaps! Using Paragon so I'll be on to those techi guys as well.No way a 300GB partition. I don't yet know what partitions preexist on the new drive. There is a recovery partition mentioned in the user manual for the MFg software etc.

What I'm doing here, is building plan B for my client/friend in case HP /M$ Vista can't get going properly on this new HP PC and I revert the system to XP.

I'm not sure what would happen to the warranty if I did this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.