Used Disk Director to resize now have huge issues!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by darren.karp, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darren.karp

darren.karp Registered Member

I purchased DD last night to resize the C partition on our Windows 2003 server configured with 3 SATA drives as a RAID 0 system and all appeared well. However on reboot the server ran a chkdsk on startup and fixed a few minor problems on the C drive (no big deal I thought!)

Now, seeing as ALL our company data is on the F partition Windows started to scream that there were corrupt files on the F drive. I am now running chkdsk on this partition and it got to 41% and then started to find problems. It's been running for 2 hours and it appears that almost every file record segment is unreadble!

There are 251,000 files on the F drive less the 41% which seems okay (at present) leaving approx 108,000 files with file record segment unreadable problems!!!!

Before I resized the C partition yesterday there were NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER....

What's going on?

Darren

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. darren.karp

How can I do that when it's still running CHKDSK and looks like it will be doing this for the next 12 hours!!!!

Then there is our U drive which is almost as large. I hope there isn't any problems with that one now.

I wouldn't mind but I stole the space from the U drive in order to resize the C partition!

I have 12 members of staff coming to work tomorrow morning!!!

4. Acronis Support

Hello darren.karp,

If you cannot boot into Windows you may create the report in the following way:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. darren.karp

Listen, I know your trying to be helpful but the server is running CHKDSK from boot up. I will not stop it now as it's been running for over 2 hours and I don't want to have to start it all over again just to provide you with your report.

Perhaps you could let us all know what could have happened since the resize of the C partition. Or, you are more than welcome to ask me more questions about how the system is configured before you reply.

Darren

6. Acronis Support

Hello Darren,

I am afraid I cannot provide you with the information on what is happening on the server currently because all the necessary information can be obtained only from the report. We haven't encountered any errors after resizing partitions using Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 and that is why I cannot provide with any "standard" solution for the problem because the problem itself is not standard.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. darren.karp

Now its stuck on deleting orphan file record segment and has been for the last 15 mins!

8. darren.karp

I have now sent you a file with report.txt

It is still stuck removing the same orphan file (2 hours!)

9. Acronis Support

Hello darren.karp,

Thank you for the information you sent. We will analyze the report and will try to find out the reason for the problem discussed here.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. darren.karp

I have today received an email from Dennis in tech support saying to run the chkdsk /r command which I will of course do when the server is not in use which means tonight.

What I would like to have known is what has caused this problem in the first place.

Darren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.