Used Camptune, now cannot boot into Mac OS

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by funkster, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkster

funkster Registered Member

I re-sized my Windows partition on my macbook yesterday using Camptune, successfully. It was fine yesterday, but today however, the macbook won't boot into Mac OS. I get the grey Apple screen and spinning disc, but nothing more, then eventually it goes to blue-screen. I have reset PRAM, with no change.

It does boot into Windows fine however.

This is clearly connected to using Camptune to reconfigure partitions. Can you suggest what I can do next. Should I run the Mac install repair disks, and if so should I be careful about anything in particular.

Many thanks.

2. funkster

At the moment, I'm very disappointed in Camptune. The blurb on the website for it said it was "safe" but now I find it might have destroyed the mac OS side of my mac-book.

I'm trying, with great difficulty, to work out what to do next, and no response from the software supplier on this forum or for a separate email to their support dept.

Be very careful, would be my obvious advice to anyone thinking of trying this software.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

unfortunate event but Camptune worked fine it seems, otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to boot at all. Could it be some hardware failure? Did you see this pre-release tool from Paragon?
    http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-mac/

4. funkster

Thanks for reply. Yesterday, I used archive and install to re-install MAC OS, and everything seemed fine. Mac OS and Windows worked perfectly

Today, things have become much worse again , as now I just get a flashing icon on start-up. I have tried all procedures (safe-boot, start-up with install disc etc), and it is impossible to locate and drive on the mac.

It seems strange all of this has only happened after using Camptunes.

Should I just accept my macbook is finished (without major repair anyway). It is 4 years old. It the Rescue Kit you describe likely to help me at all?

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

check the hard drive for errors, either using OS tools or the drive diagnostic tool, and go from there

6. funkster

No drive can be located in any way, so none of that is possible. I will have to take into local mac repairer and see what they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.