use restore option when in windows xp ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by martysr, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martysr

martysr Registered Member

If I am I in windows xp and I use the restore option in acronis true image 8.0 to restore my whole c drive (windows xp and programs) from a image stored on my on my 2nd hard drive ,(NO SECURE ZONE WAS SET UP) I will be forced to reboot. The question is when the computer reboots what does it reboot into. Is it rebooting into the acronis true image 8.0 program in dos mode or is it rebooting back into windows xp. If I continue the process after rebooting to whatever it is, will my whole c drive (windows xp and programs be restored).

Again when using the restore option when in windows is better to have a secure zone set up or just have the image saved on second hard drive or it does not make a difference

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello martysr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

When you press the "Reboot" button Acronis True Image will reboot your computer into the standalone mode. This mode is based on Linux. After the computer boots you will get to the same Acronis True Image main screen that you have in Windows so you don't need to know anything about Linux itself.

Acronis Secure Zone is special partition that cannot be accessed by your operating system. That is why it files stored there (your images) cannot be spoiled by virus. However, you may store the images on ordinary partition as well. Both ordinary partitions and Acronis Secure Zone are available for Acronis True Image (under Windows and in stand alone mode).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.