Use of Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2Morrow, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Morrow

2Morrow Registered Member

Have created a backup image of my C: drive copied to my D: partition. Did not first create a "secure zone." Is this recommended or necessary and if so what should I do now?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 2morrow,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis Secure Zone is a special, hidden partition for storing backups on the computer system itself. For archive security purposes, ordinary applications can’t access it.

It is recommended to create a Secure Zone in case you want to store images on the same hard disk drive they were created from. Creation of Acronis Secure Zone is necessary in case if you would like to use Recovery Manager or Snap Restore features. However absence of the Secure Zone is a normal situation in case you have some kind of removable storage (i.e. DVD, external drive, etc.).

More information you can find in our user guide (see 3.2 "Acronis Secure Zone" on page 17).

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. 2Morrow

2Morrow Registered Member

Thanks for your response. Do I need to essentially start over by erasing the current backup file on the hard drive then establishing a secure zone?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 2morrow,

The main advantage of the Acronis Secure Zone is that Windows OS doesn't have a direct access to it and is unable to modify or corrupt any backup files located in the Secure Zone. So it is recommended to create a Secure Zone and store backups on it in case you don't have another hard disk drive or some other kind of storage. In your case you don't have to delete the old backup images before creating a Secure Zone and you can choose any strategy of backup(saving backups to your D: partition or saving them to the Secure Zone).

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.