Use "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" as User in Scheduler

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loyukfai, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyukfai

loyukfai Registered Member

Is it possible...?

Or have to use an user account (or create a "backup user/admin" account, for that matter...?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I don't think this would be possible, as a user Admin or otherwise, you can't run NT Authority accounts. You'd have to log on as NT USER and that is possible, but necessarily long winded, and wouldn't be recommended.

What are you hoping NT User would give you that your Admin logon wouldn't?

Colin

3. loyukfai

- Windows' scheduler takes NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM or SYSTEM as the user when it's being configured from an Admin account.

- By using the SYSTEM account instead of his/her own account, one can change his/her password without re-configuring Acronis.

Correct...?

4. loyukfai

I chose to create a separated "Backup Operator" account, and prevent it from showing on the logon screen by using the method mentioned in the below webpage.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...ounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/

Unsure, but think you can also prevent an account from showing up on the logon screen, by removing it from the User group. However I'm on a Home edition so lusrmgr.msc doesn't work.

5. loyukfai

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.