usbsecure 2.0 (newsoftwares.net) installed and now USB won't unencrypt

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by nyc10019, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyc10019

nyc10019 Registered Member

Hoping that (a) this is the right place to post this and (b) someone else has heard about this product and has some insight.

I installed USB Secure v2.0 on my USB in June. It encrypted my files and still allows me to put in my password to get to the screen where I "should" be able to unlock my files. However, every time I do this, I get an error message saying "Unprotect Failed. Due to some problems, unprotection failed. We recommend you to try plugging USB drive again and also try antivirus scanning and cleaning of your USB Drive in case it is infected"
    Of course I never had a problem with this USB in the past, and I even did a Robocopy of all the contents of the USB to another USB, still no luck.

Aside from the inconvenience of not being able to access my files for the past 2+ months, there is *NO* support at this company and no matter how many times I try and reach someone for assistance, it's a no-go.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can recover my files, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you need more information, I'll be checking the forum regularly.

Again, thanks for the long read and thanks in advance if anyone has any tips.

PS here's the description of the program if anyone is interested. I'm not recommending it (obviously) but maybe someone has dealt with other products from them and has pointers

http://www.newsoftwares.net/usb-secure/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.