USBfix

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Duotone, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Duotone

Duotone Registered Member

Hi guys,

Got an HP laptop and it has its recovery stored in drive D: have SMADAV(USB protection) but tried USBfix yesterday and I thought it would only focus cleaning my flash drive not the whole drive partition.

After the initial cleaning I saw this files (EFI, bootmgr.efi, and RP) I'm not 100% sure if this files were there before just hidden(been using my laptop with "Hidden Items" ticked in Win10 don't recall seeing those files), if they are needed by HP recovery, or if USBfix put them there.

Are those files safe to delete?! Can someone with a HP laptop confirm this?! Are those files specially hidden like SMAD-CAGE folder which can only be seen when using SMADAV, or unhid by USBfix?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  2. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

You can check the dates of the files whether they were there long ago or was just created yesterday. You can make a copy of the files and then delete those on your HP. Check whether any problems after rebooting. If yes, then put the copied files back. Monitor for a few days

3. Duotone

Duotone Registered Member

I thought about it and was gonna do it but opted to ask first... files are from last year

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.