USB wireless mouse issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Azdon, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

The issue of USB wireless mouse/keyboard has been referenced a number of times in posts, but I have not seen a solution yet for those computers that only have USB connections for the mouse/keyboard. In build 3633 my Microsoft wireless USB mouse doesn't work when I boot with the TI rescue CD so what can I do?

2. aarond38

aarond38 Registered Member

Hope my previous post helps. See below.

I experience the same problem. I have a DELL E-510 with only USB connections. When I boot up with the TI CD into Linux I cannot move my wireless mouse except straight up or down! What I do to work around this is use the F11 option, delete the "quiet" when it appears in the prompt and type in "usbmouse=off" hit enter. When the command prompt comes up I
    type in "product" (both these entries are without the quotation marks) and then I have control of TI. I work within the full TI option and not the reduced version w/o drivers etc.

This is a work around that allows me control of TI. I have cloned a HD & also made a number of images of my HD without experiencing any problems.
    Also, one can purchase a USB converter(if you have the old type & no way to connect them) to plug in a wired mouse and keyboard to their USB connection and this also helps as a workaround with the wireless difficulty. However, it would be nice if Acronis could come up with a workaround since many folks seem to have this problem with wireless mouse & keyboard.

TI 9.0 is a wonderful product in my estimation if one will read thoroughly the instruction booklet for TI-9 and read the many forum posts written by folks that truly want to help you.

3. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

Thanks for the reply aarond38. I just solved the problem. Shame on me for not trying this before I asked for help. I hooked up a USB wired mouse to one of the front USB ports on the E-510 (did not remove the wireless connection) and booted the TI9 rescue CD, loaded 'full', and it worked perfectly. Apparantly it is the 'wireless' drivers and not the 'USB' drivers. 'Seekforever', in a previous post, actually opined that this might be the issue. How do you like your E-510? What processor did you get, etc?

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  4. lugnut

lugnut Registered Member

hope this helps someone.. if you so happen to have a pen tablet, it will work instead of mouse. i use a wacom pen and mouse tablet for other purposes but while backing up with the cd to external drive, found that the mouse and pen both work as good as a regular mouse. of course you have to be using full instead of safe version on cd in order for for drivers to be loaded.....

5. bigaldoc

bigaldoc Registered Member

THANX for both the F11 workaround and the method with the corded mouse in the front USB port. I too have a Dell E-510 which is only a month old. Using a cordless Logitech mouse and keyboard, but the corded mouse that came with the unit is still sitting here, so I gave THAT workaround a try - with success!

As y'all have said, I hope Acronis is listening and that a more "permanent" fix is (will be) forthcoming...

6. aarond38

aarond38 Registered Member

Glad you were able to work aroung your problem.
    I likewise have a wireless usb mouse and will have to try plugging it up into a front USB port and see if it works for me also. Glad to see the other posts reference this same problem. Hopefully Acronis will work this problem out in their next build since there will be many more wireless operations as time wears on. I love my E-510, had it about 7 months now and got a real good deal. My components you inquired about see below.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please take a look at this post by Alexey about the issue with wireless mouse or/and keyboard in Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.