USB WIFI adapter

Discussion in 'hardware' started by emmjay, May 30, 2015.

1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have just purchased an LTE mobile data plan that allows me to attach up to 10 WIFI users. It runs off a NetGear AirCard. My laptop has builtin WIFI so it attached to the network without any fuss, however my desktop does not have WIFI built in. I was looking at getting an 802.11ac WIFI USB adapter for it (has to be USB 2.0). I was looking at the Netgear A6200 as a solution. Will this be the best solution? Also I can not find out any anything on the security aspects of this adapter .

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have used this one:
    Sabrent AC600 Dual Band Wi-Fi USB Mini Adapter IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with WPS
    It´s good, I´ve found no problems.

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Tnx Robin A, I will check that one out. So you feel that WPS is secure enough? My access point (the aircard) has WPA2. Do they work together, like layered security?

Edit: Been doing some research, now that I have something to focus on (WPS) . Robin, hopefully you have seen this article...
    http://www.computerworld.com/articl...tected-setup--raises-its-ugly-head-again.html

I found several other articles on the same subject. The Netgear USB WIFI adapter had WPS too. Now I have to find out if it can be disabled. Better informed than sorry.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.