USB & True Image Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom_T, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_T

Tom_T Registered Member

Hi
    I've not used true image products for years.. so please go easy on me !!:)

I have a windows laptop and a Linux Netboot, I'm wondering it it is possible to use True Image Home 2009 to back both of these up ??

Is it possible to run True Image Home from a USB Key and then backup to an FTP Server ??

My Netbook has NO CD/DVD so booting from a USB Key would be the easiest option for me.

Can this be done ?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, booting TI from a usb key is possible. There's a whole topic devoted to that. It hasn't been active for a while so you may have to go several pages back.

It might be prudent to invest in an external optical drive and/or an external usb drive. Sooner or later you will run into the need for them with those netbooks.

3. Oddlimbs

Oddlimbs Registered Member

See MudCrab's web-site for a how-to!! See the bottom of one of MudCrab's posts for links - there are plenty of those!!

4. Tom_T

Tom_T Registered Member

Thanks.

I've downloaded the trial version and have got it booting fine from my USB Key.
    But it doesn't seem to like my ftp server.

I've got pure-ftpd installed on Ubuntu and I'm trying to write the image to that.

TI logs into the ftpserver, but then won't allow me to create the file.
    I've looked at pureftp's logs and everything seems fine. If I log in via filezilla I can upload files and create folders, yet I get

"You cannot create files in the folder "ftp://192.169.23.230/" Please chose another location.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

5. Tom_T

Tom_T Registered Member

Can anyone help ?? Why doesn't FTP work ? Thanks

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom_T,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Using Acronis True Image Home you can backup and restore Linux file systems but not use them as storage location for backup archives. If it’s not the case please clarify your question/issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. jura0001

jura0001 Registered Member

Hm... But if you have a Linux file system driver installed in your windows system (e.g. ext2 ifs), it appears to work!

I checked out True Image Home 2009 and was able to save an image to an ext3 partition.

On the other hand, I uninstalled the 2009 version because I dislike it for various reasons (in contrast to older versions):
    - too much bloat
    - explorer crashes when trying to mount or explore an image, sometimes only after having explored images a few times, but as soon as explorer starts crashing there is no further image exploring possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.