usb mouse and keyboard issues on image

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Ryan Medernach, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Medernach

Ryan Medernach Registered Member

I'm currently having a couple of issues with our image after pushing it out to specific hardware Dell Gx150's, GX260 and the new Dell Optiplex 745's.

Everything looks like it is going well but after the hardware detection I have no usb mouse or usb keyboard With the GX150s I was able to plug in ps2 keyboard and mouse and things will work fine, the 260 I am about to try with the ps2 keyboard and mouse hoping this will work fine but the Optiplex 745 does not have a ps2 connection...its all usb.

Has anyone run into this before ?

2. Ryan Medernach

Ryan Medernach Registered Member

Lots of views but no answers...here is what I have picked up and it seems to do the trick add the following to your sysprep.inf file

[SysprepMassStorage]
    *pnp0303=C:\windows\inf\keyboard.inf
    *pnp0f03=C:\windows\inf\msmouse.inf
    *pnp0f0b=C:\windows\inf\msmouse.inf
    *pnp0f0e=C:\windows\inf\msmouse.inf
    *pnp0f12=C:\windows\inf\msmouse.inf
    *pnp0f13=C:\windows\inf\msmouse.inf

What this will do is force a reinitialization of your Keyboard and Mouse.

3. T_quila

T_quila Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a slightly different problem with USB Keyboard and Mouse Combination from Logitech:

When I boot with PXE or Acronis BootCd I have an USB Keyborad but the USB Mouse won't work properly: The X and Y Axis are twisted (mixed up) so the Mouse Pointer will only work in the vertical way by moving the mouse from the right to the left. When I use a PS/2 Adapter for the USB Mouse - it works fine.

Any Ideas ?
    thanks in advance
    Olaf

4. scallawa

scallawa Registered Member

Has anyone found a way to resolve this. I tried adding the entries in sysprep and that didn't work. I am imaging to dell machines (gx520) with no ps2 connections. After imaging the machine boots up gets to the welcome to the windows xp setup wizard and sits there since I have no mouse or keyboard.

Using snap deploy 2 and universal restore.

Acronis
    Is this something you are working on? Workaround?

5. scallawa

scallawa Registered Member

Just in case anyone else runs into this. I found a solution. It is not so much an Acronis problem as it is the way how windows loads drivers during setup. You need to bypass the initial screen in order for windows to load the drivers. I used the standard sysprep file with the following additions to get it to bypass the first screen and load the drivers.

Using all of these worked for me not sure if you can remove any of them to get it to work. There are more sysprep options below each category and I do have more categories in my sysprep file. These are just the items I added that made it work.

Would have been nice though if Acronis replied to this thread or any of the ones like it. I almost abandoned their product.

[Unattended]
    OemSkipEula = Yes

[GuiUnattended]
    OemSkipWelcome = 1
    OemSkipRegional = 1

[UserData]
    ComputerName = whatever I want gosh

6. tomcat82453

tomcat82453 Registered Member

I have successfully solved mine. Depending on the BIOS type, change:
    1. USB keyboard support - change to BIOS (default is OS)
    2. do the same for USB mouse.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.