USB Keyboard

Discussion in 'hardware' started by WilliamP, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have an illuminated keyboard that connects with a USB cable . But I have a couple of programs , (2003 Ghost is one) that won't work unless I connect an old PS2 keyboard to the computer. I have an adapter that is supposed to be for a mouse. I tried it, but then the key board wouldn't work. First are the adapters the same? I hate to have to keep swapping keyboards around.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Go into the BIOS of your system, many PCs have some USB settings in the BIOS such as "legacy USB" and "USB MS".

If those features aren't there, try updating the BIOS of the system, newer versions may have introduced that feature to your mobo. //inserts proper BIOS flashing warning here//

3. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

BIOS needs to support the USB keyboard 100%. 2007 and up MOBO do. I use both PS/2 and USB keyboard connected at the same time.

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thanks for the help. This is a 2009 Gigabyte MOBO and the USB keyboard works fine but certain programs won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.