USB hc takeover failed--Startup Recovery Manager does not work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fans01, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fans01

fans01 Registered Member

I tried to creat the rescue media by USB stick, and made the system boot from it. Finnally the operation failed. But afterwards, I found that the Acronis Startup recovery manager can not boot from F11. I couldn't restore the image on Security Zone! When I pressed F11, the message was "Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area... usb hc takeover failed!", and I could not CLICK on the all the icons (Including "Restore the image") on the Acronis using the Mouse.

Perhaps because I created the rescue media by USB stick, and the booting from it overwrite the content of BIOS.

PS. I am using True Image 8.0

Please help! Thanks!

2. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

fans01,

Booting from Acronis Boot CD or another boot CD does not affect BIOS settings unless you changed it manually. If I were you, I would try to reactivate Acronis Startup Recovy Manager (ASRM) and try to boot to it after that. In addition, if your mouse does not work in ASRM you could do as described here and add "usbmouse=off" parameter.

_Kento_

3. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

fans01,

I remember occasionally getting the same message in Ver 8, in my case when I was rebooting into the rescue environment. If I shut the computer completely down, power off, then booted up, things worked properly. Hope it's that simple.

CatFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.