USB Flash Drive Not Enabled.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stfu, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stfu

stfu Registered Member

Hi all, Thanks for the help.

I recently bought a Transcend JetFlash 8GB V10 Flash Drive. Everything was great. I used Ghost and imaged a BartPE image on to it for work purposes. Was going to use it for booting computer at work. Here is where my problem comes in. The image was 1,995 MB roughly 2 Gigs. Well The other 5.7 GB is UnAllocated. I can't seem to fix it. I have formatted the first partition which formats very fast because of the size. Under Computer Management the second half of the partition, the UnAllocated one, will not format or allow me to give it a drive letter. When I try to do one of those I get the following error. "The operation did not complete becasue the partition/volume is not enabled. Please Reboot the computer to enable the partition/volume."

I have restarted the computer many times leaving the USB Flash Drive in, I have taken it out. I have safely removed.. I have done everything to my knowledge. I even installed Partition Magic 8 and tried to look at it that way which PM 8 did not even notice the USB Flash Drive at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. greencoconut

greencoconut Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.