USB fails when I use CD Boot Up Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by theMezz, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMezz

theMezz Registered Member

I have the trial version of TI home running on my Dell E521 PC with XP Pro.
    I created an image on an external USB hard drive just fine.

I created a CD Boot disk using the "full" option (full meaning with USB Drivers).

When I boot from the CD, my USB keyboard, mouse or USB drive all fail to work.

I also created a USB Flash Drive as a boot device and can boot with that. After TI loads - I get the same behavior as with the CD.

Tech support tells me to turn on legancy usb support in my bios, but I do not see that option in my bios (new computer by the way).

They also wanted me to press F11 when I boot from the CD and acronis has loaded, but I when I do nothing of course happens (since my usb keyboard is not working when I boot from the CD or fkash drive)

Suggestions?

I'd really like to buy this software if I can get it to work.

Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Search the forum this issue shows up many times.

3. theMezz

theMezz Registered Member

I did. I searched for 'usb" and nothing at all comes up.

Thank you,

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello theMezz,

When carrying out a forum search the Key Word(s) needs to be at least 4 characters long. Therefore use the search term mouse keyboard, which will return all threads containing the words mouse and keyboard. If you use the Advanced Search feature then mouse keyboard returns all Posts containing both those words.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.