USB encryption software needed

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by buckshee, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I'm looking for a USB encryption software and have downloaded a number that don't really function the way I would like. I want to store private info like Quicken data,Roboform data, emails etc but NOT as an archive but for regular daily usage (just as if they were in My Documents) so I can use them when I want
    Preferably I would be
    - Prompt for a password on USB insertion on on a system reboot (I don't want to click on a desktop icon and then activate it or use explorer to click on an exe file to activate it) - Just a simple popup box.
    - Taskbar icon to close or re-activate the encryption
    - Portable
    - If a `drive' is created I must be able to choose the drive letter so it's consistent when portable
    - Prefer no popup of USB contents

Thanks

2. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Truecrypt using the "Can a volume be automatically mounted whenever its host device gets connected to the computer?" approach described at http://www.truecrypt.org/faq acceptable? Or does that fail your "portable" test?

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Your best bet might be hardware encryption for simple password pop-ups on USB drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.