USB Drive Not Recoginzed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KevinG, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinG

KevinG Guest

I am trying to do a restore from my usb drive to the c drive. The pc will not boot so i'm booting from a recovery CD made by the program (ver 8 build 764) I had to use the acpi=off thing to get this far but the usb drive does not show up in the archive selection window. Any ideas anyone.. I thought that backing up like this would save me fro this type of problem :(

Thanks, Kevin (message sent using borrowed laptop, yikes!)

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please create new Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build of Acronis True Image (i.e. 796) and try using it. If it doesn't work (both "Full" and "Safe" versions) and the "acpi=off noapic" workaround still doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instrcutions). We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. KevinG

KevinG Guest

John, thanks for the link to the other thread. I'll give it a try.

Ilya, my pc is unbootable, I have no way of making another CD as I purchased the program electronically and the installation program is on the dead pc :(

5. Acronis Support

Hello Kevin,

Could you please send me a PM and I will try to help you with the problem concerning new build of Acronis True Image?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. KevinG

KevinG Guest

Hi again Ilya, and again thanks for your prompt replies!!
    I really appear to be in a pickle here, I can't register on the forum as I don't have a working email address so I cannot PM you.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Kevin,

I do understand your situation. There are two possible ways: either to get free e-mail address at somewhere like http://www.yahoo.com or send a letter to support@acronis.com from someone's else e-mail (for example, your friend's etc). If you decide to send a letter please indicate in the subject of it that you want to contact Ilya Toytman and include the link to this thread into the letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. KevinG

KevinG Registered Member

Hi again Ilya. I've got email going now (inbound at least)

9. Acronis Support

Hello Kevin,

I have answered to you via PM. If the problem still persists please feel free to contact me again.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.