USB Device Not Accepting New Address

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomFrantz, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomFrantz

TomFrantz Registered Member

I installed Acronis True Image 8.0 ( build 768 ) on my WinXP Pro machine yesterday and managed to create an "Acronis Secure Zone" on my external Western Digital 120 Gig hard drive connected via USB 2.0. I also created and verified a complete image of my internal hard drive ( C: ) and stored it in the "Acronis Secure Zone".

When booting my machine from the original Acronis CD I get the following error message:

usb.c: USB Device Not Accepting New Address=2 (error=-110)
    As I progress through the screens during the restore process, I can select the image from the "Acronis Secure Zone" but it doesn't make my internal hard drive ( C: ) available as the target for the restore.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Download and install the latest build 796 (You will need to have registered your existing TI 8 on the Acronis web site before you can download updates). Create a new image and verify it using TI's Check Image function. Create a new boot rescue CD and then try a restore again.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. TomFrantz

TomFrantz Registered Member

I uninstalled TI 8.0 and downloaded the latest build ( 796 ) which I then installed. I still get the error message when booting from the CD I made during installation, but it appears to be working now inspite of that fact. If I use your "acpi=off noapic" switch the error message does not appear, but then neither does my external hard drive with the "Acronis Secure Zone" during the restore process.

So, I guess just using the latest build is good enough to solve my problem. Now I just need to get the nerve to actually wipe out my internal hard drive and try restoring it from the image stored on my external hard drive using the boot CD.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Tom,

Use TI's Image Check feature to verify the image. If ok, boot from your new rescue CD and go through the restore process up to, but not clicking, the Proceed button. If everything checks out up to that point then that's as good as you'll get without completing an actual restore.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.