USA.GOV shuts down 73,000 Blogs & more

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

The endgame has started :( Who's next ?

fbi.gif

I tested ALL the www's listed below and got the image above on every one except 2 that gave a 404 :eek:

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again, until they control the internet, they can't stop it. These are good attempts, and it does cause setbacks, but too many prepare for such things and have backups ready to go. It's certainly a better move than the RIAA, who, so far, has spent 63 million+ to win a whopping 1 million via litigation.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Wow I am a little shocked. That is scary.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I read that article... That sounds like something out of a comic book it doesn't make a bit of sense, but thats the RIAA for ya. Suing grannies for their life savings for fun. Shocking Sick Shameful.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well now the MPAA and such are doing the exact thing, and, like the RIAA, they'll spend a fortune and gain nothing as well. The government doing it though is worse, as it isn't a copyright infringement battle, it's simply injecting control into and power over more areas.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Isn't that convenient, yet again the "national security" argument. I don't need to be deemed a conspiracy theorist anymore, hell, it's done right in front of our faces these days. Look, either they are at it again, TRYING to be sneaky, or they have some of the dumbest intelligence workers possible. ONE host only? Out of the entire internet? I can go to Facebook right now and find a load of extremists for one thing, for another, let me do some Googling and following of links, and my novice butt could give them more than one host. Last but not least, the entire host? 73,000 blogs gone for, I guarantee you, a handful of terrorist blogs? That doesn't even make sense if it were just piracy they were after. I have a VERY hard time even believing there are 73,000 blogs dealing strictly with P2P on the internet.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. 1. Because I know people in intelligence, and they are FAR from stupid. 2. Blogs get taken down for TOS violations every single day, and the other hundreds or thousands of blogs don't go with them.

8. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

All of the money they already have, and its never good enough, they already have 20,000 + IPs of P2P Movie Downloader's, and they said their collecting thousands more, all waiting to be prosecuted, the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer, it makes me sick because the company collecting IPs isn't the RIAA/MPAA, but some company that sprouted out of nowhere in a plot to get rich off of poor people. How can they even live with themselves? I had a link to the story but cant find it at the moment.

But most people use others wifi to download torrents ect, for the simple fact, not to get caught, so now so many innocent people are going to have to deal with this greedy drama. It must really suck to be them...

They should at least give people a fair warning, like Barack Hussein Obama should make a televised announcement telling people to stop, or pay the consequences because most movies and music is also downloaded by people under 18, and they don't even understand the seriousness around what they are doing.

9. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

It's easier for them to carpet block www's which may include perfectly innocent ones along with the others.

Bur poor dears, with ALL your Billions of tax $ spent, and increasingly spent, on ALL those staff and centers and equipment etc etc, they don't have much of a real clue, or time to read/analyise ALL the data they gather :D

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Was I just called bipolar? Lol. Beyond that, yeah, the government IS telling us what to believe, and sadly some are going right along with it. If you don't go along with their ideals suddenly you become the terrorist. It's pathetic, but true. Anyway, this was a ridiculous move to make, both from a practical and tactical standpoint. But, that's this administration for you.

11. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

If any y'all have numerical IPs for these sites, it'd be useful to see whether they still work. Perhaps they just nuked the DNS lookups.

12. nightrace

nightrace Registered Member

13. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

14. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

That's a fascinating thread. It will certainly make you think. To me, it sounds like a blatant selective prosecution is about to ensue. But even more disturbing to me is the whole acceptance by so many posters in that thread to the totalitarian methods used to shut down the servers. Nobody asks questions and nobody demands answers. ("Can't talk.") It seems like it's an environment where everybody bows down to the authorities without nary a bad word, much less actually fighting back. It's a classic case of where everyone is guilty until they prove their innocence.

Where I come from, we would say BurstNet needs to "grow some." If they can't do that then hire some gray suits who have them and can legally slow this train down. Railroading is the perfect term.

What has happened to 'due process' before they are allowed to destroy the lives of people who may -- or may not -- have done a single thing wrong?

15. Assuming they take said suits on in court. Which they may not. Why go through the courts when you can do things directly via the PATRIOT Act, or whatnot?

Give a government one shortcut around its laws, and it will find a thousand more...

16. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

You know, of course that's the case and you are right. But there are certain cases, that touch a lot of innocent people, that just demand to be fought. It's easy to sit here at the keyboard and ask people to risk jail or even go to jail and I realize I am guilty as charged for doing just that. But as Burke said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

While I'm ranting, in what kind of upside down world do we live in that blank checks given to law enforcement and prosecutors can be done under a name like the PATRIOT act? Very clever, I'll give them that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.