US studying Australian Internet security program

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lotuseclat79, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

US studying Australian Internet security program.

-- Tom

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Welcome, Big Brother. :mad:

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

"The government is reviewing an Australian program that will allow Internet service providers to alert customers if their computers are taken over by hackers and could limit online access if people don't fix the problem."

Really? If they can do that why don't they just limit the online access of the hackers? Let's blame the victims and let the criminals run free. o_O

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

They should not limit them, they should block them. Anyway, I can see many new jobs for ITs installing antimallware aplications and increased income for antimallware soft.
    By the they, victims are people and webpages abused by those PCs. Computer is not just a toy, it is a weapon, which can cause more deaths than just a simple pistol.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  5. katio

katio Guest

Entirely depends on the implementation. Look at projects like spamhaus. They don't depend on DPI or other intrusive detection. All that would be needed is that ISP collaborate with such outfits and notify their infected customers. Cutting them off if they can't get their system fixed in time seems only sensible to me.
    My verdict: good idea, but they'll mess it up - as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.