urmain.exe

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

After today's upgrade of Your Uninstaller (6.3.2009.13) Prevx flagged urmain.exe file as malicious. As I know the file is a part of YU (in fact the file triggers YU GUI) I trusted it always. I saw on myprevx.com the file is unknown yet so waiting for resolution. The file is presently kept in the override. The log hasn't been sent because there are no traces of the found file.

EDIT: I removed the file from the override to see if this supposed FP has been corrected. However re-scan labelled this file again and another 2 files, all having relation to YU. So I sent the scan log for perusal. Hoping someone from Prevx will revert with result.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If you right click them and mark them as false positive then they are automatically sent to Prevx to be looked at. Response time on getting them fixed is normally pretty quick you can also manually send the files in and Support or Joe will have a look at them.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I've corrected the FP now, which was a heuristic FP caused by "High" heuristic settings (a user with normal settings would not have flagged this).

Thanks for the report! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.