Urgent renewal of license query please

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by charky, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charky

charky Registered Member

As my icon was showing orange and NOD32 told me that as I only had 14 days left on my license, I only had limited protection (very annoying that it didn't change colour just the day before) I renewed the license a few hours ago today.

I know that it says to wait 24 hours for it to become active within the next 24 hours, but I'm sure I didn't have to wait that long last time.

And it isn't very fair to be not completely protected still, when I have paid the £20 renewal fee.

Can anyone please tell me if they have had to wait the full 24 hours for their renewal to take place and for the icon to turn green again?

If it should have turned green by now, what should I do?

Many thanks. :)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Open the tray gui. Click help and choose verify license validity.

3. charky

charky Registered Member

Thankyou for your message but I can't find where you mean. I opened the Help section and it doesn't mention 'verify license validity.'

I am running Version 4 and I notice that this is a version 2 section, does that matter?

TIA

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Check license validity is not in version 2. Sorry. :(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  5. charky

charky Registered Member

Please can someone tell me what should I do then? :(

My version says: 4.0.437.0

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Okay. We're in the right forum now.

If you click the tray icon, choose open window, is there not a help section on the upper right side of the gui?

If so, follow the previous directions to verify your license.

7. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello charky,

If you renewed your license before your expiration date, and kept your same username and password, your icon will remain orange for about 24 to 48 hours. If you received a new username and password, you will need to enter them into the program and run a manual update of the virus signature database for the new expiration date to take effect. In all of the instances, you are still being protected by your ESET software (even if your icon is orange for a short time after renewing).

Clearing your update cache will help as well. For instructions on how to clear your ESET's update cache, please visit the following link:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN98

Also, you will still receive all the latest virus signature database updates if you renew your license before the expiration date and your icon is in an orange state.

8. charky

charky Registered Member

Many thanks for your replies and I'm sorry I'm late replying, but I wasn't told there were any new posts even though I clicked for instant e-mail notification.

I was about to look in the Help secion when it suddenly changed to green again!

So thankyou very much ronjor and Matthew for your help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.