URGENT: NEED HELP INSTALLED ROLLBACK RX

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by gmaguitar01, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmaguitar01

gmaguitar01 Registered Member

I am running a MacBook 13" with 300 GB Harddrive, 4GB RAM. I have the harddrive partitioned with BootCamp running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on the other half. I have approximately 100GB free on each partition. I installed the Rollback RX Trial on Vista because windows system restore failed to work. I had to restart my laptop to complete the installation. Upon restarting I received an error message stating it could not complete installation because of a lack of memory. Then a menu appeared stating the following options.
    1. Continue Installing Rollback Rx
    2. Continue Installing Rollback Rx (VGA Mode)
    3. Continue Installing Rollback Rx (Debug Mode)
    4. Cancel Installation

Enter Choice (1 Being default)

Except I cannot choose anything.
    The keyboard is completely disabled. An external keyboard does not work either. No button will work what so ever. If I attempt to boot in safe mode I cannot it just goes to this menu. I booted off the Vista installation disc and performed 3 system restores and the same thing happens. It detected no memory problems nor any startup errors. I do not want to completely reformat, unless absolutely necessary. I submitted a support ticket to the company and they still have yet to give me an answer. Does anyone have any solution? Remember I cannot start windows no matter what. I can access my files through the BootCamp Harddisk in Finder on my Mac Partition, but I cannot use any of the Windows programs (obviously). Even if you can offer me a way to enter a command into the command prompt to restart in safe mode, (If there is such a way) that would be great because I can access the command prompt via the Vista Disc.

Thanks in advance.

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm bumping this because I feel for the guy!

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I suspect no one's answered as no one has any suggestions. My gut feeling, and it's just that, is installing Rollback on a system the way his was configured was a very bad idea, and I don't have a clue what to suggest to him to clean up.

Pete

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

:ouch:
    Ya
    Sorry, no idea re MACs and boot camp :doubt: : we know Rollback messes with the MBR but as to how that might affect a Mac with that set-up ??
    interesting if the Op gets any assistance from RollBack support. :doubt:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

6. RuyLopez

RuyLopez Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.