urgent help needed

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by India101, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. India101

India101 Registered Member

Hi...I have just realised I have replied to an oldish thread,but actually I need urgent help if anyone can offer it.

I am none too hot on the computer so any instructions will have to be in "kidspeak"

I can`t access my ntuser.dat file on a SHARED laptop.It is a huge file and I know it stores user data. Each time I try to open it it says something like;

process can`t open this file as it is being used by another person or process.
    How can I access it and delete anything without too much hassle?

Thanks

2. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Hello India101,

Ease your worries by Googling "How to use CleanUp! to Protect your Privacy,"
    it should lead you to a tutorial at BleepingComputer. Just follow the directions, a reboot will take care of the rest. ;)

GF

3. G-Force

G-Force Guest

An alternative if you'd prefer accomplishing this without additional software. Both are viable.

GF

4. India101

India101 Registered Member

OK...thanks for your replies but now I`m really concerned.Yesterday the file I was referring to was linked to MY documents.
    Today after having mailed my husband [who is working away] to ask him why I can`t access this file....it is now linked to HIS documents.
    Is he doing this from another computer....I still cannot access the file.

Sorry to be a nuisance but this is serious if he is spying on me.Yes,I need my privacy but I am using forums for self help issues [I have a brain disease] and personal issues which I need to keep private.

As in a doctors surgery,you have SOME right to privacy when it concerns personal details.

Sorry to be a nuisance.
    And I DO need all the instructions in the simplest of directions DOH

5. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Then please tell me the Operating System you're sharing this file from ...
    GF

6. G-Force

G-Force Guest

And the number of accounts that have "Administrative" shares. :)

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.