urgent help needed

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by India101, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. India101

India101 Registered Member

Hi...I have just realised I have replied to an oldish thread,but actually I need urgent help if anyone can offer it.

I am none too hot on the computer so any instructions will have to be in "kidspeak"

I can`t access my ntuser.dat file on a SHARED laptop.It is a huge file and I know it stores user data. Each time I try to open it it says something like;

process can`t open this file as it is being used by another person or process.
    How can I access it and delete anything without too much hassle?

Thanks

2. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Hello India101,

Ease your worries by Googling "How to use CleanUp! to Protect your Privacy,"
    it should lead you to a tutorial at BleepingComputer. Just follow the directions, a reboot will take care of the rest. ;)

GF

3. G-Force

G-Force Guest

An alternative if you'd prefer accomplishing this without additional software. Both are viable.

GF

4. India101

India101 Registered Member

OK...thanks for your replies but now I`m really concerned.Yesterday the file I was referring to was linked to MY documents.
    Today after having mailed my husband [who is working away] to ask him why I can`t access this file....it is now linked to HIS documents.
    Is he doing this from another computer....I still cannot access the file.

Sorry to be a nuisance but this is serious if he is spying on me.Yes,I need my privacy but I am using forums for self help issues [I have a brain disease] and personal issues which I need to keep private.

As in a doctors surgery,you have SOME right to privacy when it concerns personal details.

Sorry to be a nuisance.
    And I DO need all the instructions in the simplest of directions DOH

5. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Then please tell me the Operating System you're sharing this file from ...
    GF

6. G-Force

G-Force Guest

And the number of accounts that have "Administrative" shares. :)

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.