URGENT HELP NEEDED - critically important...!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sunandoghosh, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh Registered Member

URGENT HELP NEEDED - critically important...!!!

Limited Virtual Memory - Pagefile Increase...o_O

Respected geeks

Coming straight, here goes the problem:

Background:

Hardware: HDD SATA SEAGATE 160 GB
    RAM: DDR RAM 1.5 GB Dual
    Processor P4 3.2 Ghz

Operating System: Windows Advanced server 2000

Application: SAP (an ERP PACKAGE)

Database: Oracle 9i

Note: Same single desktop computer with configuration stated above is used as server as well as client. It is NOT on any network. No second computer is networked to it.

PROBLEM:
    The SAP application along with oracle database occupies around 60 GB out of 160 GB but the HDD is partitioned as follows:

C: 60 GB having SAP installed of 30 GB
    D: 60 GB having oracle installed of 25 GB
    E: 40 GB having documents/DATA 5 GB

For normal work; I use windows xp professional which is installed on another 80 GB HDD; which has got NO relation with 160 GB HDD referredd above...

WHAT I DID:

I MADE IMAGE DRIVE (CLONE) of the above 160 HDD....on to another new 160 GB HDD...

Note that I am a finance guy and that this would be the first time that I HAVE ACTUALLY CLONED USING ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE FOR WINDOWS..therefore please please explain and reply in as simple words as possible without assuming much pror knowledge but only basic familiarity with computers...

ACTUAL PROBLEM:

when i boot from CLONED HDD; it says while almost about to start that-

There is Limited Virtual Memory and asks to increase pagefile.sys.

it shows error message that increase your pagefile and as a result i am unable to use it.

I DID WHAT WAS SAID ON WEBSITE

http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0007.html

BY RUNNING FDISK /MBR AFTER BOOTING FROM WIN 95 BOOT DISK
    AND THEREAFTER I WAS ABLE TO LOG IN CLONED 160 NEW HDD BUT MY SAP APPLICATION IS NOT WORKING....SEEMS ORACLE AND SAP APPLICATION DOES SOMETHING TO MBR .......WHICH IF FDISK /MBR IS RUN GETS AFFECTED...BUT WITHOUT RUNNING FDISK /MBR DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO LOG IN...

PLEASE PLEASE SUGGEST SOME WAY OUT...................................PLEASE

Thanks so much for having the patience and putting time in reading my long story and possibly coming forward for most simple practicable optimized solution....o_Oo_Oo_O

I am anxiously waiting for ur replY and would DO based on what is suggested / replied....

Thanks again so much....

Your help is truly genuinely appreciated...

Thanks again for anticipated help and cooperation.

Best warmest regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh at rediffmail dot com

p.s. if u want to add anything or suggest something please feel free to do so...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sunando,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It is unlikely that SAP and Oracle performance is related to MBR since they are high-level applications. Could you please describe in details what error you get when you try to use them? It may worth trying to contact the manufacturer of each of these products for possible solution. There may also be the problem if the program is in some way bound to the hard drive it is installed and cannot be transferred to another hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.