Upgrading to Home Lux

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Uli9000, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

I have been using RVS 2010 home free for a few months now and am considering upgrading to the home lux version but I have a couple of concerns about how purchased licenses work - I've never done it before. It would be a real help if someone could answer these two questions:

1) If a new build comes out (like the recent 3.0.6517.4958-REL) would I need to purchase a new license to use it?

1) I will be buying a new computer in six months which will have Windows 7. I currently use XP. Would I need to buy a new license to use RVS on the new computer?

Thanks

Uli

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Uli9000,

1) No, as long as your current license is valid. Simply upgrade by installing the new release over the old.

2) No, as long as you transfer your license from the old computer to the new computer (paid versions). For installation of Home Free or unregistered free, simply install and then request (or not request) licensing through the registration screen.

Mike

3. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Thanks Mike.

Looks like I'll be purchasing a license.

4. ASM

ASM Registered Member

I have a free version (Returnil Virtual System Premium Edition) , so does the upgrade eligible for me for should I pay.

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi ASM and welcome :)

You will need to uninstall RVS 2008 prior to installing RVS 2010. As a Premium Edition customer, you should have received and upgrade notice with installation & download instructions for the new version if your licensing was current. If not, let me know (PM please ;) ):

1. Serial Number
    2. Cleverbridge purchase reference number or whether you got it through a promotion offer (GAOTD? other?)
    3. Registered name
    4. Registered E-mail address

With that I can follow up.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.