Upgrading from NOD32 to Smart Security Business

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nathano, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathano

nathano Registered Member

I'm getting ready to upgrade all users and servers from NOD32 3.0 to Smart Security 4.0.

Do I have to uninstall NOD32 3.0 before installing SS 4.0 on all Machines? My understanding from another thread is that SS does not work on Server 2003? or is this only on an Exchange server? Would I just upgrade to NOD32 4.0?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

For MS Exchange - there is version for Exchange based on NOD32 v2.7 + XMON module . It is not recommended to install v3/v4 on Exchange because it lacks mail server scanning (a.k.a they are not for Exchange). NOD32

Both ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3 and v4) - Business edition can be installed on servers , including Windows Server 2003 (whatever edition) . However , ESS includes a personal firewall which provides double-layer network traffic scan (in and out) . This means that from the moment you install it on the server (especially if you use the default configuration) all the traffic will be blocked . Not that it is impossible but youneed time and extra effort to configure the rules/specific rules for your server so that services/users access is allowed . That is why it is preffered to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus only on the server itself (and use the built-in Windows Firewall as incoming intrusion/firewall protection). ESS can be installed on the clients/workstations (again the firewall might need configuration if the Automatic mode is not appropriate).

3. nathano

nathano Registered Member

This is very helpful... thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome .

I just forgot to answer that you can perform in-place install/upgrade (from v3 to v4) . Generally , this is not a problem . Using the default option , this in-place upgrade you'll preserve your current settings .

If you are from the people who prefer clean install , you can also perform clean install . First , uninstall v3 , have your configurations , create install packs and install v4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.