Upgrading from Dial-up to DSL-Have questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Calling all EE Gurus:thumb: ,
    I have been using nod32-EE since 02/2007. V2.70.39 for LUS and clients and latest version of RAS/RAC. Works more perfect than advertised. I am very happy it is as auto-magic as it is.:D

I am in due diligence prior to turning on xDSL. I think I know what/where to do, but felt the need to check my thoughts with the experts. Can I ask some questions, please?

At /Mirror Setup/Advanced Mirror Setup/Miscellaneous/ there is a tickbox labled "Disconnect from server after update complete."
    What "server" does this tickbox refer to? My server w/Mirror, or the ESET Server(s)? BTW, the port in use is 8088!

At Nod32 CC/System Tools/"Schedular/Planner/ I do plan to UNtick the current "Automatic Update after dial-up connection." This does seem obvious to me, however, I am now back to the confusing logic needed to create a proper "DSL Automatic Update" task.

Q: If I choose "Repeatatedly," What hour setting is advised?

Q: If I choose "Event Triggered," Which menu item might apply to a DSL/LAN/Fixed line connection?

Sub-Q: Do the two choices about "Successful update of the virus sig database" and "Successful update of the program components" refer to the ESET SERVER(S), or, to my local LAN Update Server/Mirror?

I do believe the /Mirror Setup/Advanced/Internet connection/ window will change from "Dial-up" to "LAN/fixed line." This one is obvious! :D

Q: Should I edit the "LAN access setup" and tick "Disconnect from server after update has completed"? This appears to be a second mention of this parameter.

Q: Lastly, Should I edit the
    "nod32 CC/Update/Setup/Advanced/Proxy Server Setup"
    to point to my Router's address? Or Gateway's address? Or just forget Proxy Server?

Please excuse the length, but I got on a roll........ ;)

Thank you for any help provided.
    Best,
    Duncan

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , this does not need to be unchecked . This can be enabled should you connect via dial-up or VPN in future . It doesn't hurt being checked (by default it enabled by default in v3)

Of course , the more it updates , the better . The default is 1 hour so don't change it .

Don't choose that . Don't change the default update settings.

Refer to ESET servers.

No , not necessary.

Generally NO . Should you use proxy then yes .

To conclude , changing from one type of connection to another does not reflect on NOD32 . The program will update even with the dial-up settings because it is by default set to update every one hour. :thumb:

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

HighTec_boy,
    Thank you for your concise reply. I forgot to mention that my server and all clients use BlackSpear's settings. I have had zero hits since install.
    I have printed your reply out and am studying it ATM. I suspect some more questions may follow.... :)
    Several of my questions are very old (confusion). From when I first joined the nod32 user base.
    May I reply with more pointed questions?...
    Thank you,
    Duncan

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , sure . I hope I can answer them :)

You are welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.