Upgrading from build 2337

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 24texas, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24texas

24texas Registered Member

Hi,

I downloaded and tried to install the latest build. The program asks for the serial number which I entered. Then it said I was upgrading from an old version and wanted the old serial number. I only have one serial number.
    That is from the original purchase of version 9. How do I obtain the serial number it is looking for?
    Thanks,

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

If you registered the software, you can get the serial number there.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello 24texas,

Did you upgrade to True Image 9.0 build 2337 from a previous version (e.g. True Image 8.0)? If so then that's the second S/N that TI is asking for.

Regards

4. 24texas

24texas Registered Member

I have the serial number, it is asking for the old number; why? don't know because this is not an upgrade from 8.

5. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

The title of this thread suggests you did have version 8 installed so I'm a little confused about why you might have bought the full version.
    Maybe there is a problem somehow with the checking of the info in the registry when a full version is being installed on a system which previously had an earlier version.
    Anyway I suggest you email Acronis Support giving all the relevent info and see what they can find.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

At some point you had the full TI 8 installed, for which you had a serial number, let's call this SN8.

At some point you installed the upgrade version of TI 9, for which you had a serial number, let'scal this SN9. But, you also had to provide SN 8 when installing the upgrade version of TI 9.

Build 3567 is just an upgrade version of TI 9. Installation requires that you provide both SN 8 and SN 9.

If you had ever installed tyhe full version of TI 9, then you would have a differerent SN 9 and buld 3567 weould have requested only the SN 9 for the full TI 9 if you are doing a clean install of 3567. If you had a full version of TI 8 already installed, and installed 3567 OVER the currently installed full tI 9, then 3567 would not have asked for any serial number.

Did I get the above right?
    Others can correct me.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 24texas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, serial number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.